***Nomination Deadline is 4/16/2017***
Calling All Leaders!
Accepting Nominations for PMI Portland Chapter Board of Directors
Take the next step in your career. There is no better way to highlight and grow your leadership skills than to serve on the Board of Directors for PMI Portland Chapter!
- Gain new leadership skills—strategically lead your portfolio to better serve our 2000+ members in this dynamic nonprofit organization
- Expand your network—form the relationships that will propel you to the next level in your career
- Give back to the profession—share your knowledge and engage with the community
Election Timeline -
- March 21 thru April 17 – Nominations accepted for open Board positions
- May 1 thru May 26 – Membership votes on nominees
- May 19 – Winners are announced
- May 19 thru June 30 – Winners shadow current Board members
- July 1, 2017 – New Chapter Board is active
|President Elect (VRMS ID 9644)||
OPEN (job description)
|July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2020|
|President||Stephen Wilks, PMP||July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2019|
|Past President||Jimmy Godard, MBA, PMP||July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2018|
|Secretary (VRMS ID 9641)||OPEN (job description)||July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2019|
|VP at Large (VRMS ID 8701)||OPEN (job description)||July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2019|
|VP of Finance (VRMS ID 9642)||OPEN (job description)||July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2019|
|VP of Marketing (VRMS ID 9643)||OPEN (job description)||July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2019|
|VP of Membership||Shannon M. MacDonald-Musson||July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2018|
|VP of Operations (VRMS ID 8700)||OPEN (job description)||July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2019|
|VP of Outreach||Greg Spehar, PMP, ACP||July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2018|
|VP of Professional Development (VRMS ID 9645)||OPEN (job description)||July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2019|
|VP of Programs (VRMS ID 9647)||OPEN (job description)||July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2019|
For more detailed information about the open Board positions:
- Read the Board Position Descriptions (above)
- Read about each Portfolio* on the Chapter Leadership webpage.
- Contact the Incumbent(s).
- Contact the President Elect.
How to Become Nominated
Nominees must be members in good standing of PMI Portland Chapter.
- Learn about the Board and open Board positions (see For More Info, above).
- Email President Elect for questions or if you like to nominate someone else.
- If you are interested in serving please look up the specific board position on PMI’s Volunteer Relationship Management System (VRMS) https://vrms.pmi.org under “Find an Opportunity” then for “Chapters/Global Operations Center” select “Portland Chapter” and search. (more than one page) Select the opportunity you are interested in and apply. You will be asked for more information including a resume.
- Fill out the VRMS Application by April 18, 2017. You must be a current Chapter member and must log in to apply. For any questions contact the President Elect at President Elect
- The President Elect commits to serve a three-year term: President Elect July 1, 2017–June 30, 2018; President July 1, 2018–June 30, 2019; Past President July 1, 2019–June 30, 2020.
- All other positions commit to serve two-year terms, July 1, 2017–June 30, 2019, with the option to extend for a second term in the same elected position.
- Maintain your PMI and Portland Chapter Membership.
- Sign the PMI Code of Conduct.
- Spend 20 hours a month for Board duties, depending on the position.
- Attend monthly Board meetings and annual Board transition and strategy sessions.
- Regularly attend monthly Chapter Meetings at your expense (Board member pricing).
- Learn about and understand the Chapter and your portfolio.
- Strategically develop and lead your portfolio to achieve the mission of the Chapter.
- Lead, support, recruit, and recognize Chapter volunteers and portfolio team members.
- Carry out the fiduciary, due care, and diligence responsibilities of the Board of Directors by reviewing programs, policies, financial statements and other materials.
- Manage your portfolio budget and expenditures.
- Serve on committees, take on special assignments, and participate in other Chapter activities as appropriate.
- Put the interests of the Chapter ahead of any other organization or business when acting as a Board member. Disclose any potential conflicts of interest which could affect decision making.
- Be a positive spokesman and evangelist for your portfolio and the Chapter.
- Gain invaluable leadership experience as a Board member.
- Expand your professional network in the PMI community and the region.
- Demonstrate your leadership expertise to your employer, clients and/or co-workers.
- Give back to your Chapter and to your community.
- Earn required certification PDUs through volunteer hours.
- Receive reduced pricing to Chapter meetings, and the Annual Conference.
- Receive reduced pricing or free attendance to the Chapter’s excellent workshops and seminars (subject to space, Chapter funds, and executive committee review).
- May attend the PMI Region 1 Leadership Conference in the spring each year. The Chapter pays travel, hotel, and meals. This is a great opportunity to network, learn new leadership skills and meet your area Region 1 counterparts through the region in preparation for Board year.
- May attend the annual North America PMI Leadership Conference in the fall each year. The Chapter pays conference registration, travel, hotel, and meals. This is a great opportunity to network, learn new leadership skills, and learn about PMI at a global level.
- Have fun!
Is this opportunity right for you? You won’t know unless you learn more. Talk with our current Chapter leaders – each is happy to chat with you about his/her experience on the Board.
Get involved with your Chapter!
* “Portfolio” describes a team that manages a logical grouping of responsibilities. For example, PMI Portland Membership is the portfolio dealing with member communications, volunteering and quality surveying. The VP of Membership leads this portfolio.