This event, held once a year, is our largest educational experience for the project management community. Attendees come to this conference to grow their knowledge, learn from other practitioners, and hear about products and services which support the project management profession and their career goals. This year’s conference focuses on individuals and organizations delivering highly successful and robust business results through strong leadership and sound project, program and portfolio management.
Whatever your stake in projects, this event is a valuable asset for you, your team, and your organization.
- Learn the latest tools, tips, techniques and trends in project, program and portfolio management that will help you take your career to the next level and improve your organizational success.
- Network and share ideas and experiences with executives, project, program and portfolio managers, sponsors, and other practitioners from a wide variety of industries, government agencies, and educational institutions.
- Earn professional development units (8 PDUs) toward maintaining your PMI credential.
“I’ve attended the annual conference every year since 2009 because of the great speakers and topics offered. The event keeps me current with the project management profession, equips me to perform more efficiently as a project manager, and provides PDUs to maintain my PMP Credentials." Gay Lynn Calonge, PMP
In addition to the exciting keynote address by John Parker Stewart, there will be 3 Tracks, each with 4 speakers. Watch this space for more speaker information.
- Strategy & Leadership: Project Managers must often be change agents and are always leading. This track will focus on effecting change and building leadership skills and tools.
- Tools & Techniques: Strengthening the effectiveness of delivering project results through effective methodologies. This track will focus on practices that deliver projects on time and on budget.
- People Skills: Project Management is working with people. PMs most often have responsibility but without authority. This track will focus on the skills to work with others for optimal results.
Conference Schedule in Brief:
7:30 - Registration, Networking and Continental breakfast
8:45 - Keynote
10:30 - Breakout Session 1
12:00 - Buffet Lunch, Exhibit Hall
1:00 - Breakout Session 2
2:15 - Breakout Session 3
3:30 - Breakout Session 4
5:00 - Close
1000 NE Multnomah Street
Portland, OR 97232
A limited amount of parking is available at the DoubleTree. Click here for information on public parking options in the area.
Leading Through Influence: Building Leadership for Yourself, Your Team and Your Projects
How do you develop an ability to lead from any position in an organization? How can you be more adept in influencing those over whom you have little or no authority? What are the key skills that are needed for a successful leader? Knowing how to influence and lead others—often without direct authority—is critical in successfully managing projects.
In this highly engaging presentation, John Parker Stewart, internationally recognized leadership coach and award-winning author, will:
- Discuss the LEAD NOW! leadership development model
- Share how to align and remove obstacles for personal leadership development
- Apply the five principles of modern leadership to influence key stakeholders during any kind of change
John Parker Stewart
For the past 35 years, John has coached and trained tens of thousands of leaders worldwide. He managed executive and leadership development for 86,000 employees at Lockheed Corporation where he designed and taught the Lockheed Executive Institutes for 13 years. He started Stewart Systems, Inc. in 1980 where he has researched, consulted, taught, and coached CEOs, presidents, executives, and government leaders.
John began his undergraduate studies at the University of Colorado. He finished his bachelor’s degree at Brigham Young University and earned his master’s degree in Organizational Communication where he wrote his thesis at Parliament in London. He began his doctoral work and teaching at Michigan State University, and continued his doctoral studies under management guru Peter Drucker in Executive Performance and Leadership at Claremont Graduate School.
John has researched organizations and worked with corporations worldwide. He was selected “National Trainer of the Year” by the American Society for Training and Development for two consecutive years. In addition to training and coaching all levels of management at Kennedy Space Center over an eight year period, his client list includes: Citibank, U.S. Air Force, Chevron, IBM, Lockheed Martin, Toshiba, CSL-Hong Kong, Xerox, GM, Kaiser Permanente, Telstra-Australia, U.S. Dept. of Energy, Boeing, and many other commercial firms and government agencies.
Individual Registration Information
Logging in to the PMI Portland web site will automatically display the price for which you are eligible based on your membership status.
| ||Super Earlybird||Earlybird||Regular||Late/Walk-in|
||Until 6/18 at 5 pm
||6/18 - 7/31 at 5 pm
||7/31 - 9/14 at 5 pm
||9/14 at 5 pm thru 9/19
|> Chapter Member
> Student Chapter Member
All - add $50
Visit this page for complete Event Registration & Pricing Information.
You must be a PMI Portland Chapter member in the PMI Portland Chapter database prior to registering for an event to be eligible for the member rate. Our database is updated weekly with new and renewing member information provided by PMI Global. Please allow one week following your new or renewed membership with PMI Global for your Portland Chapter membership to become active. See the New Member Information web page for more information.
Group Registration Information
To register groups of people with a single credit card payment, please see the Annual Conference Group Registration web page.
Call for Volunteers
We are currently accepting applications from those interested in becoming a volunteer at this exciting event. Check back often as new positions are posted weekly.
Volunteer Opportunities web page
Annual Conference Director
Earn 8 PDUs for Annual Conference
Event Registration and Pricing Information
Partner with PMI Portland Chapter
Annual Conference Director firstname.lastname@example.org
VP of Professional Development email@example.com
Annual Conference Registrar firstname.lastname@example.org