From a Good Project Manager to a Great Leader
February 22, 2017
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Today’s organizations are looking for tomorrow’s leadership team. As a good project manager the next step in your career could very well take you to this next level: senior leadership. This interactive session will put aside the skills and knowledge you need to have to be a good project manager and focus on what you need to be a great leader.
Over the course of the day we will explore the gaps between our skills, knowledge and professional attributes and those of famous and local leaders. In the process we will be develop our new professional strategic plan. Topics, discussions and exercises will include: strategic planning, Key leadership attributes, leadership styles, how leaders think and work, understanding the business, communicating like a leader, messaging like a leader and more. This workshop earns you 8 PDUs.
Earlybird pricing ends 2/12. Registration closes 2/21. Contact us for special Group pricing.
Key Learning Objectives
- How to communicate like a leader
- How to create a strategic plan
- How to execute a strategic plan
- What leadership style you have now and how to use it
- What leadership attributes you do not have now and how to obtain them
- How to make important decisions
- How to connect with people on all levels
“One of the best leadership seminars I have ever attended” Dan Ritter, Esco Communications Inc.
“I really loved the group interaction and the many real-life examples. David was a great presenter with a good flow of information all day” Vadhu Kandula, Fiserv
“Great content & great balance of presentations and breakout activities” Rita Fronczaic, Whirlpool Corp.
About the Presenter
David Barrett is the National Program Director for Project Management and Business Analysis with the Schulich Executive Education Centre, Schulich School of Business, York University. He is also a regular blogger, podcaster and professional speaker specializing in leadership, strategy execution and professional growth. He has published four books: The Power of The Plan, The Keys to Our Success, the Business Analyst Book of Mentors and Leadership Perspectives. Previously, he was the Group Conference Director at Diversified Business Communications where he ran project management and business analysis events around the world and he was the Executive Editor and founder of ProjectTimes.com and BATimes.com
See presenter video: https://youtu.be/tCZgFkyUYgY
Earlybird Discount Pricing: Through 2/12/2017
- $25 discount off the pricing below
Regular Pricing: 2/13 - 2/21/2017
- Non-members $400
- Chapter Members $300
- Chapter Student Members $175
- Visit this page for complete Event Registration FAQs
- *Chapter Members must log in to the PMI Portland web site prior to registering in order to receive automatic member pricing discounts!
- NEW / RENEWING MEMBER? NOTE: It takes up to three business days for PMI Global to process your new PMI Portland Chapter membership so that we can create your PMI Portland login account on our site. If you're a new/renewing member or planning to join, please plan accordingly! See the New Member web page for more information.
- There will be no retroactive payment adjustments. Please be certain you are registering correctly prior to payment.
- All requests for refunds must be made in writing to the respective event coordinator: Director of Workshops
- Cancellation/Refund Policy
121 SW Salmon St.
Parking available at attendees expense; continental breakfast and full lunch provided.
- Leadership = 8 PDUs
Check upcoming presenters on the Our Speakers web page.